Dates Available: Jan 1 - December 31

Gunpowder Falls Walk & Wade

Monkton, MD

  • Freshwater - Rivers & Streams
  • Fly Fishing - Dry fly - Nymphing - Streamer

Meeting Location

118 Mt Carmel Rd, Parkton, MD, USA

Destination Location

118 Mt Carmel Rd, Parkton, MD, USA

Target Species

Rainbow Trout

Brown Trout

Brook Trout

Gunpowder Falls Tailwater in Monkton, MD
Gunpowder Falls is a fantastic fishery with a large variety of bug life and structure making for great trout habitat. The scenery surrounding the River below the Dam feels like you have been transported to a mountain stream far away from the noise and pollution of big city life. 97% of the trout in Gunpowder Falls are Brown Trout. The other 3% are Rainbow and Brook trout. Most Rainbow trout are found within 1.2 miles downstream of the Dam. Gunpowder Falls features an abundance of fishing structure, cut banks, large boulders followed by deep pools and riffles and long runs to fish. Depending on the location you fish there are several opportunities to dissect different types of water.

What is included

  • Food: Drinks
  • Food: Lunch
  • Gear: Rods & Reels
  • Gear: Flies

What to bring

Maryland fishing license and trout stamp. Sunglasses (preferably polarized), wading staff, camera or phone to capture good memories, waders and boots are required and a great attitude. If you do not have waders or boots, we can make separate arrangements.

Customer Cancellation

A deposit is due upon approval of your booking request. We will happily refund your deposit at least 7 full days prior to your scheduled trip. Deposits will not be refunded for cancellations less than 7 days before the trip. Trips will be charged in full for day of trip cancellations or no shows.

Guide Cancellation

If your guide cancels your trip at any time before the commencement of your trip, you will be refunded in full. Optionally, Guide Book will do everything we can to get you out on the water with another awesome guide.

Bad Weather Cancellation

Unfortunately, we don't control the weather. If a guide feels that they cannot safely perform a trip, they may cancel. Weather cancellation is at the guides discretion alone. If a trip is canceled for bad weather, you will be refunded in full.

Ready to book your next

Fishing Adventure?

Book Now